CZ Tungsten Guide Rod

$110.00 - $120.00
(4 reviews) Write a Review
SKU:
TGR-CZ
Bulk Pricing:
Buy in bulk and save
Adding to cart… The item has been added

12/20/2022: Custom lengths now available.  Use the pull down to select, send us your measurement as pictured, we don't need overall length.  We need nail to tip.  Enter that in the order comments.  OR.... Give us a call.

6/10/2022:  Video added for the newest optics ready Shadow 2 install.  100% fit on these models.  Note that as more people get our parts and give great feedback, we have learned that the older SP01 models have slide tolerances that are larger than expected.  80% drop in SP01 slides currently.  The other 20% have needed to debur the inside of the slide hole and nail head the guide rod to install.

***** PLEASE MOCK UP THIS ROD IN THE FRAME POCKET AND THEN THE SLIDE BEFORE ASSEMBLY*****

We did our homework and redesigned the guide rod to cover more models and of course take advantage of the exotic super heavy tungsten material. We maximized the diameter to work with standard wire sized recoil springs and designed the installation clearance to work with both the Shadow 1 SP01 and Shadow 2 SP02 models. Note that the SP01 will not flush up to the dust cover once installed. We verified the most popular competition models available for fit/function. Unfortunately we can’t list off all the models this guide rod will fit, but rest assured that if you have a funky model that our guide rod doesn’t fit.. we will refund you 100%. Please review the tech specs below before ordering.   SP01 SP02 Overall Length: 3.875 long, tip to the outside nail head flat Weight: 1.475 ounce   TS TSO Overall Length: 4.375 long, tip to the outside nail head flat Weight: 1.610 ounce

4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews

  • 5
    Guide rod tungsten

    Posted by Jose L Reyes on Dec 5th 2022

    Love the weight added

  • 5
    Tungsten guide rod

    Posted by Henry on May 23rd 2022

    I didn't think it would stabilize my firing as much as it has. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence about it.

  • 5
    excellent replacement guide rod

    Posted by Bad Day on Aug 13th 2021

    Fit my S2 perfectly, no issues with the CGW spring. You can definitely feel the added heft at the front of the gun. 1oz might not seem like a huge difference, but having it all stationary right under the slide and extended out makes a significant difference in how far my sight jumps. With the upped weight limits in USPSA to 59oz, I was looking for anywhere to add mass, and this was a great addition.

  • 5
    TSO Guide Rod

    Posted by Alexis Pena on Jun 30th 2021

    SSI did an awesome job with this product. I shoot the CZ TSO in USPSA Limited. I initially only bought one being a little skeptical and to test before I invested in another. This isn't the cheapest product in the world but if it lasts and performs well, the cost of the guide rods is only a drop in the bucket for what us competitors spend on an annual basis. Initially I could tell a slight difference in the added weight but wasn't sure how it would feel once I shot the gun. Installing this guide rod was not as easy as the factory SS guide rod but still simple enough, just needing a little more work to get it aligned. This isn't a problem, just something to expect so you don't think you have a defective product. I believe this is by design as they tried to leave as much material on the guide rod as possible for the added weight benefit. When switching between my match gun and practice gun I could definitely tell a difference. It wasn't so big that it was distracting or life changing but it was enough that I believe it gave me a slight increase in performance without adding any negatives. When trying to compete at a high level, I am not sure what else you can ask for. I currently have ~4,000 rounds through these guide rods and they are still holding up great. If you haven't figured it out yet, I bought another for my second gun and haven't had any issues with them. If you are considering purchasing, I recommend you do as I did. Purchase one, see if this is for you, and if you still like it after some testing, make your guns feel the same by buying more for your back up gun(s). In my few interactions with Nathan, he seems to be a great dude who makes great stuff so helping support a business like this is an added bonus.

Videos Hide Videos Show Videos